Friday, July 30, 2010

Upward Bound Basketball..

This past year Pumpkin played Upward Bound Basketball at First Baptist Church. It was a great experience for her and they are a wonderful christian organization. Pumpkin had never played basketball in her life and I honestly thought she'd hate it. Pumpkin and running do not go hand in hand. I will have to admit she did prove me wrong and she was pretty good. She had great coaches and made wonderful friends. She attended every game but never went to practice because I was nine months pregnant and was miserable. As a matter of fact she played her last game and had an end of the year party the week I gave birth to Peanut. What I loved most about this organization is that it is a learning experience. As they practice and play games the refs will stop them and teach them. Their were many compliments and each practice a bible study. Upward Bound was a great experience and I can't wait to do it next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers