Friday, June 18, 2010

On June 14th my Pumpkin left for Camp Zephyr. It was a bitter sweet for me because it was the first time she had been away from me for such a long time. She is getting so big (now considered a pre-teen). I have to admit I was really glad to see her eyes tear up when she talked about leaving for camp. This is a special mild-stone in my daughter life.

I know I shouldn't want to see Pumpkin get upset but these specific tears give me a sense of satisfaction that she is still my little girl. I know, I am a horrible mother. The fact that she recently spent the night at a friends house, cried, and Aaron had to go pick her up at 10pm makes me wonder how she was gonna do with no mommy to tuck her in at night or say prayers with her.

Well, Pumpkin is coming home today (I cant wait) and she did awesome. Amanda said she teared up the first night but other then that she did great. I spoke with Peanut twice this week and she told me she was having so much fun and is already making plans to go back next year. Thank you God for such a wonderful daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers